Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Metadata to be added to the output in Alteryx Designer

Keisi
6 - Meteoroid

Could you please help me on populating the output file of a i.e Word document with completed Metadata coming from the document name or the input file. I inserted an example where the metadata of an output file should be populated, i.e on Details on the output properties where I can find the Title, Subject, Tags, Author, Date created/modified.
Could this be done in Alteryx? 
Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Keisi 

If you take the extension and convert it to .zip and then unzip the contents, you will see a series of structured xml files. When you open word and a .docx file it knows how to stitch these together.

You could look at each of the xml files and identify the one which appears to contain the actual block text (most of them are related to syling and so on), and then import this xml file into alteryx before doing some parsing.

Besides this, I don't think it is possible to bring in the metadata of the word document. 

Hope this helps. If it does, please like the post.

Labels