Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Memory Limit Reached - Results Panel

kyiu
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I'm working on an existing workflow that I've ran before (it has been a long time). However, I noticed that some tools further downstream in my workflow won't show any data in the results panel. It says "Memory Limit Reached. Use Browse tool to view full results." There are lots of tools that show this message, so it would take a lot of time for me to just attached a browse tool to every tool in every part the workflow.

I tried updating the workflow configuration settings and user settings to adjust for the memory limit. However, that doesn't seem to work either. Anybody have any workarounds? This workflow has not had this issue in the past, so I'm wondering why this has happened now?

Please see the screenshots attached.

2 REPLIES 2
griffinwelsh
11 - Bolide

I had this issue before as well. Check out RobertOdera's solution below for some tips on how to solve.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Alteryx-workflow-Memory-limit/...

kyiu
7 - Meteor

Thanks. I'm curious which of those steps helped you overcome your memory limit issue? 

For me, I do try and follow #2 and #4. #5 doesn't apply to me and #6 would be hard to implement, since i do use leverage unique and data cleanse tools when necessary. Also, i am trying to disable the containers that I don't necessarily need, so i think that helps with run time and memory sizes as well.

The weird thing, is that this message never really came up previously when executed or built initially. So i'm wondering what changed really changed for this message to pop-up

Labels