Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Market basket to Network Analysis error

EddyPete
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I have a workflow where data is sent through the Market Basket Rules and Inspect tools, and then prepped to go to the Network analysis tool. I have spent the better part of the afternoon trying to resolve an error thrown by the Network Analysis tool, and can't find a resolution after finding discussions of this error in the community as well as on the web. The error is "Error: Network Analysis (20): Tool #4: Error in graph.data.frame(d = x, directed = directed, vertices = vertices) : ". Am I missing something? Thanks for taking a look at it.

4 REPLIES 4
WayneWooldridge
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @EddyPete,

I would be happy to take a look and troubleshoot your workflow.  Unfortunately, when I opened your attached workflow, it looks like this:

HumanaCalgary01.png

If you could take a snapshot of your workflow and paste it into a reply, that would be very helpful.  (Alternatively, let me know which tools are represented by each "?").

EddyPete
6 - Meteoroid

That's interesting, and not is a good way. Attached is a screenshot. I'm using the Analytical tools add-in, which your setup may not have.

WayneWooldridge
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

All the values in your 'from' and 'to' ranges need to be accounted for in a named field.  So what I did was to modify (slightly) your Select tools coming out of the filter and going into the Union to have the same named field. 

The other think I had to do was change one of the configuration values in the Network Analysis tools.  On the 'Nodes' tab, I checked the 'Group Nodes' section and select infomap.community in the 'Choose Statistic' dropdown.

I've attached a modified version of your original workflow here. 

EddyPete
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @WayneW! That works beuatifully, and I understand better now how to set up a network analysis.

Labels