Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Margins and Legend Question

lheureuxg
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I'm building a chart and cannot seem to get the legend to stay off the axis.

lheureuxg_0-1601912622180.png

Bar chart.

Resolution Pixels 96/inch

Width: 6.4 in

Height: 2.4 in

Top Margin: 0.5 in

Bottom Margin: 0.5 in

Left Margin: 0.1 in

Right Margin: 0.1 in

When there are just two items to represent in the bar chart, the legend is a single horizontal line below the chart.

However, in cases where there are six items (the maximum) in the bar chart, the legend is three horizontal lines below the chart.

I move it down so it doesn't cover the axis numbering, but it always goes back over top of it. Changing margin values doesn't seem to do the trick and I don't want the chart any larger than it already is.

Any ideas on how to keep the legend from overlaying the axis labels?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

What about setting the border and background to transparent like this? 

joshuaburkhow_0-1601980831763.png

Hope this helps! If it does please mark as solved so others can see it

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
lheureuxg
7 - Meteor

Setting the background color of the legend to fully transparent seems to be an acceptable workaround.

Would be nice to be able to more precisely position the legend, but that doesn't seem possible.

Labels