Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro output update

Vivek007ktd
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I'm working on a macro which map 4 optional fields as input and gives output as Optional_Field_1,Optional_Field_2 etc. Is there any way to replace the standard header with the raw data header?

Macro Interface

Vivek007ktd_0-1684127890987.png

Current Output

Vivek007ktd_1-1684127988594.png

7 REPLIES 7
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

@Vivek007ktd ,

I am struggling to understand what you refer to with "the standard header" and "the raw data header" respectively.

Could you attach the macro you are working on?

arshuhansda
5 - Atom

Will the Dynamic Rename of the columns which takes "Take Field Names from Right Input Rows" help? The Raw Headers will be the right input. Still trying to understand your query.

Thanks

Vivek007ktd
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the reply :)

The macro is set up to perform various calculations using the mean and standard deviation inputs from a sample of data and output the results. Additional fields in the data are relevant but are not used in calculations. I selected those fields and mapped them as Optional Fields 01, 02, etc. Consider a scenario in which the data contains the fields "Region" and "Country." I am now mapping these as Optional Fields_01 and Optional Field_02, and in the macro output, I can see the values under the headings Optional Field 01 and Optional Field 02. However, I require 'Region' and 'Country' as headers from the real data for the output.
Apologies for not sharing the macro since it contains confidential info.

Vivek007ktd_0-1684139011878.png

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @Vivek007ktd ,

Thanks for the explanation.

I understand you want to let the user select the field name and keep the field name as it is.

I am still not sure why you want to store the selected fields in different names ("Optional_Field_1" etc.),

as you do not need to rename it if you just want to output.

For example, you can pass the field name to Dynamic Select tool as below.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1684141919171.png

If this is not what you mean, please ignore this post.

Jishnu_K
8 - Asteroid

Check this app. 

Vivek007ktd
7 - Meteor

@Jishnu_k

Thanks. I used the logic from your workflow, and it was perfect.

Vivek007ktd
7 - Meteor

Hi @Yoshiro_Fujimori,

Appreciate your help on this  :)

Labels