Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro not getting passed iteration 11

jvanderpol
Meteoro

Dear all,

Am running  an iterative macro that seems to get lost in iteration 11... the number of records remains 4 658 376 and the first iterations run smoothly, but they do slow down..... iteration 11 seems to run forever...

Any ideas how to solve this? or is it a matter of copy-pasting 13 times the macro workflow in my main workflow?

Thanks and kind regards

3 RESPOSTAS 3
FrederikE
Pulsar

Hey @jvanderpol

This is pretty unanswerable without seeing the actual workflow I'd say. 

Try to run the Iteration 11 as a regular Workflow with the input data it would get. There you can investigate it directly and prob. see where the problem might accure. 

jvanderpol
Meteoro

Was afraid of it being unable to answer without the workflow (which i do not wish to share, sorry)... 

Not sure I understand what you mean with running iteration 11 as a regular workflow...  is that copying the macro workflow 12 times in the main one?

Thanks, do appreciate it!

@jvanderpol , May be the 11th iteration is entering infinite loop, I would suggest to debug the macro with the data in 11th iteration and check where it is executing for a long time. If the workflow works fine in 11th Iteration individually then the problem is definitely with the performance of workflow and you need to optimize it.

Sapna Gupta
Rótulos