Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro in Reading the files in the Folders with Different Sheet Name

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi,

Is there anyone who can shared a solution. Until now, I can't still figure out how the files can be read using a directory tool since I having an error "Unable to open file for read"

The files are in different date folders and each CSV files on it has different sheet names. Per csv, there is only 1 tab with sheet name on it. I suspect that this scenario maybe the cause of the error.

folders.PNG

folders1.PNG

Your assistance to this matter is very appreciated. Thanks,

Kamen

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider I thinkimage.png you need to use the csv file inside the batch macro instead of .xlsx. Attaching a sample for your reference

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

Thanks for the workflow however, it seems didn't work since I have multiple folders. Is it possible to read the current folder first and then the contents of that folder. I need to get the files of the current folder to move it to different shared drive.

G1.PNG

Thanks for your assistance and hoping more of your help.

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider The directory tool should be able to read from all the folders, you need to check the include sub directories option in the directory tool

image.png

jdminton
12 - Quasar

@KamenRider please follow @binuacs solution. If you need to know which folder the files came from, you van use the path provided in the output.

Labels