Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

MSSQL and predective tools

Frej83
5 - Atom

Hi 

I'm trying to run a basic linear regression, where I pull data from MSSQL 2016(189 rows). But my issue is that I keep getting the same error "MsSQl is not supported data platform". I have also tried MSSQL 2014, but are getting the same error. Any suggestions? or doesn't Alteryx support predictive tools for MSSQL?

Alteryx screenshoot.JPG

Frej

2 REPLIES 2
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Frej83,

MsSQL is not currently supported using In-DB Predictive tools. Expect this to change at some point in the future as SQL 2016 has included R Services that will be able to be leveraged. I personally am not sure what that will look like as I'm not sure the difference between Microsoft R Server (formally Revolution), and the integrated R Services and so this is not a roadmap comment, just commenting.

As it stands the In-DB Predictive Tools work with Oracle (leveraging Oracle-R), Spark (using Spark-R), and Teradata (needs Microsoft R Server). 

Kane

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Actually Spark isn't yet supported for inDB predictive, but it is on the roadmap along with MSSQL. For both Oracle R Enterprise and Teradata the inDB predictive tools supported are Linear Regression, Logistic Regression (and Score).

Labels