Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

MB rules : Error due to minimum value of parameters

Rohit_Karvekar
6 - Meteoroid

I am doing Market Basket Analysis using MB rules tool. Seems like minimum value for "support" parameter I can set is 0.002 and that for "confidence" is 0.05. My input data is such that the max "support" is below 0.002 (millions of transactions across thousands of SKUs). This is causing an error. Looking for inputs on handling this case. Is there a way to set "support value well below 0.002?

Rohit_Karvekar_0-1628044459335.png

5 REPLIES 5
apathetichell
19 - Altair

I can't tell you if it will work or generate the results that you want (I'd recommend getting your MB to run first before lowering the support) but I can answer your question - yes. you can lower the support requirement... Here's how - open the macro which underlies the tool and look for this screen.2021-08-03 (4).png

choose the numeric dropdown second from the right. Change the minimum value. Save this macro and close it.

Voila.

Again - I'm just answering your question - I have no idea what results you'll get or how long it will take your workflow to run.

Rohit_Karvekar
6 - Meteoroid

I was able to edit the macro as you suggested however saving it threw following error -

Rohit_Karvekar_0-1628083714267.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Rohit_Karvekar 

Access to anything in the c:\Program Files directory tree is read only to everyone except local admins on the machine.  You may need to get your IT department to help you with this.

Dan 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Save it in a new location with a new name like MBRulesRohit - and then load the macro from there...

crcar
5 - Atom

Hi, quick question: how do I get from MB rules icon to the Macro view you are showing in your screenshot?

Labels