Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

MACROS

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone 

Can someone please help me with the link where i can download macros, there were a couple of them that i am using on my workflow, my hard disk was replace so i think i lost the external downloads i have been trying to locate it but it keeps taking me to this site which  is different from what i use to see

This the error message

Error: ZScore Select (46): ZScore Batch (25): Cannot find macro "..\..\..\Downloads\ZScore Example\ZScore Batch.yxmc".

i have all these macros saved in a folder and uploaded to the platform through the user settings macros and the path of the folder added i am not sure why i am having errors now on the workflows that i used them before.

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@razzy 
Maybe you can try ,right click on the canvas then select insert macro again.
Then correct path should be reflected.

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu 

Thanks for responding to this its does not seem to still work 

still have these errors on run time.

Error: Normalize Columns (47): Tool #57: Cannot find macro "..\..\..\Downloads\Normalize+Columns\_externals\1\CountRecords.yxmc".
Error: Normalize Columns (47): Tool #58: Cannot find macro "..\..\..\Downloads\Normalize+Columns\_externals\1\CountRecords.yxmc".

I think if i download again it will solve it i just cannot locate the link for the macros that i used before the link that the search engine is taking me to is not what i remembered before.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @razzy 

A few observations:

1. When you reference the macro download page being different, you're right. The public gallery was moved to the community (see post here)
  2. If your hard disk was replaced it's possible the relative paths (the ..\..\..) being used to find the macros have changed slightly.
  3. It looks like your keeping your macros in your downloads folder.. I'd suggest finding a better home for them. 
  4. If you're able to locate the macros on your machine, you should be able to navigate to them and inset them into your workflow as @Qiu suggested. Just right click on the canvas, choose insert, choose macro, and find the macro in the file browser that comes up. 
razzy
8 - Asteroid

@Luke_C 

I have it in a folder not on my downloads except i may have done it wrongly 

C:\Users\SANI\OneDrive\Desktop\alteryx marcos

and this is inserted on the user setting macros with the path.

its giving me this error when i use the insert option as you mentioned;

Error: Normalize Columns (47): Tool #57: The entry point is invalid.

Even the predictive scoring tool on my canvas gives me this error:

Error: Score (52): Error in gsub(" |Score: \"", "_", name) : object 'model.stream' not found

Error: Score (52): Score: Execution halted

Error: Score (52): Score: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

But it works if i import a workflow with the same tools or macros.

Labels