Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Looping all files from a directory and write into a consolidated file

Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have to get more than 2000 .xlsx and .xls file from a directory and process it one by one. 

I have found this batch sample https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Running-Batch-Macro-on-Multiple-files-... but however it is writing same file data (first file) which is configured in the batch workflow, not iterating other files which I have from the directory. 

4 REPLIES 4
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Parthasarathi, it would be useful if you could share some of your workflow. What are you inputting into the batch macro?

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@Parthasarathi My first guess is that your action tool isn't configured properly. You'll need to make sure that the Action tool is updating the file path properly when the new file path is being batched in. As Finn said above it'll be easier to provide a better answer with some screenshots or more information.

Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

@JamesCharnley & @FinnCharlton ,

Thank you. I have attached my package check and let me know what is the issue

Parthasarathi
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Any insights on this issue will help me to fix it.

Labels