Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Looping a common workflow for multiple input files available under a directory

bharat_kapoor
6 - Meteoroid

Hi There,

I have a Data Transformation Workflow which I need to run on previous month Business Day files one by one. Considering schema of all such files is same and workflow is same for all files, please suggest how to achieve this outcome. I need separate Output files.

5 REPLIES 5
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

@bharat_kapoor The simplest route is to convert your workflow into a batch macro, and then feed your newly created macro a list of file locations, either via a directory tool or using the text input and supplying them manually. This would allow you to process each file individually and create separate outputs, without having to run the workflow multiple times.

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

For the output you will need to configure the tool to read a field with the output location, this can be created dynamically using a formula tool prior to output.

bharat_kapoor
6 - Meteoroid
@neilgallen: Many thanks. I would request to share any basic example batch macro where we are running the same workflow for multiple input files available at a shared drive location. It would help me to understand the way we need to configure an Batch macro.
omar_velor
7 - Meteor

@bharat_kapoor hi there
wondering if you found a simple example? I am trying to achieve the same goal.

Cheers

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

@omar_velor Try this

Labels