Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLUCIONADO

Look for values between blank rows

Smilemaker
Átomo

Dear All,

I am new to Alteryx designer and as am getting a hands-on am enjoying and learning daily.  Need your support now.

I have attached the file i am working on.  The data is designed in such a way that there will be an empty row when there is a change in invoice date and amount. There is a column named ERP.  Now, i would need only those rows with same invoice date and amount but with both ERPs in it (basically the rows that have SAP and Tally in between the blank rows)

For example, i need only the rows such as from 118 to 121 and 150 to 151 which has same invoice date and amount and both the ERPs.

Your help and guidance will be highly appreciated

5 RESPOSTAS 5

Hi @Smilemaker , is this what you are looking for?

grazitti_sapna_0-1600149358512.png

If this solves your purpose then mark this post as solution.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Smilemaker
Átomo

Hi @grazitti_sapna thank you for your immediate response.

I just did a random check and found few lines were missing from the intended output.  Example below

My initial file had 7 invoice details from row number 474 to 480 however 2 rows (474 and 475) are missing in your output.  This is one that i randomly picked, not sure if there are more such cases.

Hi @Smilemaker , check now.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta

@Smilemaker , try this alternate and easier way if this matches your desired output.

grazitti_sapna_0-1600156191344.png

Try both ways and choose one suitable to your requirement.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Smilemaker
Átomo

That is working awesome..... Thank you much Sapna!!

Enquetes
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Rótulos