Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

List of File names and Content in it

mohit9garg
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have thousands of large excel files in a folder and each file contains data for a particular person. Eg, File 1 is for person A, file 2 is for person B..etc

Now I need a mapping of file name and person's name whose data is these in the file. Can someone help me with a workflow.

Thanks

Mohit

13 REPLIES 13
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@mohit9garg 

The person's name is stored as Sheet Name or Data inside the sheet?

mohit9garg
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu its inside the data. There is column called "NAME" in the data.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@mohit9garg 

Made a batch macro for this.

0126-mohit9garg.PNG

mohit9garg
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu  Thanks .

But this is not supporting my Alteryx version. I am using version 2020.1.2.24185. Can you please send this workflow again which is compatible to this version.

Regards,

Mohit

mohit9garg
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu  Thanks much. But I bit confused on how to fit this batch macro in my workflow. My workflow starts like this. Could you please guide me.

mohit9garg_0-1611637397271.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@mohit9garg 
Add the filter tool after before entering the macro should do the work.

mohit9garg
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu  like this?

mohit9garg_0-1611642412016.png

Kindly excuse my ignorance; I don't have much hands on on Batch Macro (infact I have phobia). So is it possible to do it without Batch Macro.?

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@mohit9garg 

Haha, really?

Acutally, since you mentioned that you have thousands of files, to reduce the computer load, I chose to use macro.

You can go ahead and load them all by once.

Each file schema is same?

Labels