Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

List Box tool using Connected Tool

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I saw the blogpost about dynamically using a connected tool to generate the items in a list box. I tried the example workflow and it seems that the second app (which is chained to the first) never seems to be updated like one would suspect. It just contains the data from the last time the metadata was refreshed. Has anyone else run into this issue?

To make it easier to see what's happening, I've created a test app in the public gallery. The first page has the numbers 1-5, and the second app should load up with your selections; instead it loads up one, two, three every time. To show that the input file does have the right data (even though the list box isn't reading it), i outputted your first selections at the end of the second app.

I hope i'm just missing something obvious!

Patrick

2 REPLIES 2
jgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @patrick_digan,

Looked like you were on the right track, but it seems like the engine want to validate all of the inputs of both apps at execution so, of course, the data wont exist or have been updated when the chained app starts.

I made some modifications to your original example in order to make it work. I did add some comments to highlight the changes i made.

Hopefully this helps!

Best,

JGo

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks @jgo. I will submit this as a product idea then. The ability to use the connected fields option and have the app pull the current data at runtime would create greater flexibility for me.

Labels