Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Linking one workflow with another

dineshbabu2811
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Currently I have one workflow, when user runs it will start querying the table from database using the current day, then it will filter certain criteria based on the column values(using Hard coded data within workflow) and data enrichment etc.

My stake holders have criteria that some column values used for filter which may be changed in future like adding or removing the accounts or departments etc.

While running the workflow we have asked them to upload the values in excel and run it so that workflow will filter accordingly, but they aren't interested in this approach due to some audit issue.

Whenever there is a change, we have to edit the workflow and follow the UAT, PROD deployment changes again.

Do we have any other way like, for example create two workflow where main workflow has full logic and lets keep secondary workflow and only update that and pass those values to main workflow and do it irrespective of environments.

But I don't have any idea on this, could someone throw some light on this it would be more useful.

Regards

Dinesh

2 REPLIES 2
MeganBowers
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @dineshbabu2811, it sounds like you could convert the workflow into an analytic app and have filter inputs for the app. The workflow logic will remain unchanged, but the app inputs will allow you to change the values of filters, formulas, etc as needed. Have you worked with apps before? If you haven't, these lessons are a great place to start to learn more! 

Raj
16 - Nebula
Labels