Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Lengthy error reporting & validation on load is freezing and crashing the application

warrencowan
9 - Comet

Hi Everyone, I have just reinstalled alteryx on my machine (v 2021.3.5.03604),

and I have noticed that on opening a number of workflows (particulalrly the large complex ones with chains of batch macros nested within batch macros etc) that it is freezing the application, in what appears like a long validation process of each of the embedded macros and sub macros within, before bringing back a series of errors, all of which are benign and dont interfere with processing, and many of which are in tools within deactivated containers. 

warrencowan_4-1650442967784.png

It never used to do this and wondering if there's a way to stop it/solve it, as it can hold up the app for around 5 minutes on opening, and if I attempt to do anything else it crashes the app.

2 REPLIES 2
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Hi @warrencowan ,

Can you share the stacked macro and a dummy ? Happy to test it on my machine to help you out :-).

Greetings,

Seb

warrencowan
9 - Comet

Sadly not Im afraid.

The app looks simple enough on the top, but its running a batchmacro, in order to send in paramaters to kick off a chain of 12 sub batch macros.

Each of those have their own lengthy flows, sub macros, custom tools and connector in and out of about 4 different secure data locations.

I fear we'd be here all week just getting you set up.

Labels