Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Layout for Invoice

ewassell
8 - Asteroid

I need to take the attached Invoice Template and populate the Input file with the data.  I am not able to make the layout look the way I want because of the information that is side by side (Address1 and then Date Begin are on the same line) .  How would I do this?

Read in the information on Input File and produce a .pdf named the emp name + Invoice Number.

9 REPLIES 9
RaphaelSilva
9 - Comet

If you can make sure the file structure is always the same, you can pick specific columns and rows on your database and clean it separately and join it together later.
In this workflow, it will only work one invoice at a time, so you will have to create it inside a macro.

Capture.JPG

Please like the reply and mark as solution if you that solved your problem :)

ewassell
8 - Asteroid

I'm sorry but I don't think we are talking about the same thing.  I don't see a file layout in here at all.  I don't see what you are using as an example.

RaphaelSilva
9 - Comet

I used the excel file you provided. What you shared is one entry, that's why the Browse tool only have one record.
The output has more fields that you had on your template, but then you can filter those out if you are not going to use it

ewassell
8 - Asteroid

Sorry, the first tab contains the input (Input File - has 3 entries).  The second tab is what the output needs to look like. 

RaphaelSilva
9 - Comet

You can create a RecordID field, and ask to update the information based on RecordID and field name.
Then you will replace only the values you are looking for in the invoice template

ewassell
8 - Asteroid

I'm sorry, I am looking for how to layout an invoice correctly so that I can take the input file and put the fields into the invoice and come out looking like what I provided on tab 2.  Your example isn't even reading in the column names from the first sheet.

ewassell
8 - Asteroid

I know how to get the fields to populate, I don't know how to make it look like the invoice example.

RaphaelSilva
9 - Comet

I thought you want to clean the invoice file
Here is an example on how to take the input file and add the information to the invoice template.
You will have to create a macro to run each record individually, so you can output multiple invoices automatically.

Capture.JPG

ewassell
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for trying but I need to get a .pdf of each invoice looking the way the invoice template looks. That doesn't seem to be what you are doing. I need help on layout and this is not part of your solution at all.

Labels