Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Large CSV file (45.6 Million Rows)

daprice
5 - Atom

I am currently working through attempting to analyze a large CSV file for our AP group to identify a long standing reconciling item within the subledger. The file is 45.6M rows of data and is causing the below error message. I have tried going through the Community for others having this issue and have so far turned up empty. Is anyone able to help me identify how to get this to function?

Input Data (5) Error reading "D:\Users\DaPrice\Box\ORACLE PROGRAM\WAVE 1C\1C Controllership Readiness\AP Reconciliations\Account 200001 Detail 2017_2024.csv": FileUnbuffered: Error in GetOverlappedResult: A device attached to the system is not functioning. (31)

3 REPLIES 3
Deano478
12 - Quasar

@daprice form what I can understand by this some kind of attached or mounted drive possibly where this is being stored is not may not be accessible try and copy the file to another location like your desktop and try input it again

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Yes - as @Deano478  points out - this is a system error relating to drive access. copy the file to your local. Also - check your ram (how much do you have?) Close other programs. When running check resource manager - see where you are peaking out.

daprice
5 - Atom

Thank you both! this helped. I was able to split the file and it is processing now. It looks like it was an issue with the size of the file coming out of BOX.

Labels