Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Joining Calendar to Summarized Data

JPSeagull
8 - Asteroid

I am stuck. I have a large dataset and was asked to show daily, the total # of open cases and the percentage of those opened cases that are processed correctly. I am attaching the workflow as well as the screen shot. My challenge is that I don't the data summarized every day. Instead, I have data that gives me when the case was opened and when it was closed. So, I know that if I pick any random date, I just need to see if the opened date was less than or equal to that randomly picked date AND that the close date ISNULL or greater than the randomly picked date. I can do that formula, but I can't figure out how to incorporate the missing calendar. Any hints or help will be greatly appreciated. The bottom screen shot is how I need the data to look so I can pivot it in Tableau to do daily trend.

JPSeagull_1-1676184003943.png

JPSeagull_0-1676183940264.png

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@JPSeagull I updated your workflow, hope this is what you are looking for

binuacs_0-1676188891880.png

JPSeagull
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs This worked perfectly! That Generate Rows tool is genius! Thank you so much! I assume the only way to bring in a full calendar range is through Text Input or Data Input? That is, Alteryx doesn't have a way of offering that via a tool? 

After I get this huge dataset processed with historical rates, the daily report I have created will summarize the data and drop in a "Report Date." This effort really is for a big archiving effort. Thanks again!

Labels