Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join

nihou
8 - Asteroid

The current way I am joining two files is returning too many records, so it errors out.  I am trying to join based on like ID numbers.  The ID numbers belong to different transporters.  I want to reflect all of the records with like ID numbers but by transporters.  I have attached a set of dummy data, any tips would be appreciated,

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@nihou 
I hope this is what you need.

0426-emwahq.PNG

nihou
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu Yes! That worked, thank you very much! I have not used the tile before, very useful.

nihou
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu  I ran into a snag, how do I only include matching ID but leave out those that do not match? I tried adding another tile but did not get the wanted output.  I have altered my dummy info to test but now I loose too many records.  Sorry, I am just having a difficult time with this one, I think I have looked at it too long🤔

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@nihou 
Glad to help and thank you for the accept mark 😁

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@nihou 
If we want the matching ID only so we need to a ID Join to get the matching ID information.

0426-emwahq-1.PNG

nihou
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu That worked and makes sense, thank you!

Labels