Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Join?

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have 1 file in my workflow that I am needing to join back together with the new created columns in my workflow back to original data but to merge it back with the raw original files. The new created columns are set up in a waterfall type where they are all separated within each D1,D2, D3 columns. So when I try to join it back with the original it doesnt or if I select join with D1 it only joins w D1 columns :/

Can you assist what needs to be done to finish my workflow with original files joined with new columns?

I have attached a sample of the way the new columns are right before the join I am trying to do with the original files.

I want them all to join horizontally.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Verakso
11 - Bolide

Honestly I am not sure, what you are trying to accomplish here.
Is file1 supposed to be the result before the join, and in that case, what are you joining with if the result should look like file2?

Perhaps I just don't get it, but there is some information missing in order to get that output.

I doesn't get either if file2 is how you get the data, or there is some steps before, but I would try to split these data out for each set of D-data.

Anyway I would try transpose the data in order to join it later, something like the attached file

/Verakso (ツ)

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 
I am also not quite getting what you need here.

Usually a sample input and output would really help. 😁

Labels