Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Join three Excels

denisstravs
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx Experts, 

I would like to join three different Excels in Alteryx where Excel 1 should be on top (in first two rows), Excel 2 should be in the middle, and Excel 3 should be at the bottom by rows. How can I join three Excels in Alteryx? 

Final Excel layout attached.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @denisstravs ,

It can be done with Reporting tools.

I would recommend you to check below materials.

Interactive Lessons

Reporting in Designer,

Tool Mastery pages

Tool Mastery | Table

Tool Mastery | Layout

Tool Mastery | Visual Layout

And weekly challenges including "Reporting" in Main Subject.

Weekly Challenge Index

Good luck.

denisstravs
7 - Meteor

Could you maybe please help me with the workflow? 

All three Excel attached, thanks!

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @denisstravs ,

Here is a sample workflow as a starting point.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1684069077034.png

If you want to deep dive further on the configuration of Table tool, Layout tool and Render tool, you may want to check

Interactive Lesson : Reporting in Designer.

Tool mastery pages such as:

Tool Mastery | Table

Tool Mastery | Render

Tool Mastery | Layout

Good luck!

denisstravs
7 - Meteor

Hi Yoshiro, thank you very much It works on the beginners layout. However, I have one problem here. 

In Excel 2, I have a filter Group by: Company code. Now, I want that every Excel with a company code to be joined with Excel I and Excel 3. If I dont use the Group by filter, it works, but when I use the filter, it doesnt work. Could you maybe help me with this, please? 

I have attached an Alteryx workflow and added a comment in it. I think that something is missing here?

Thank you very much! 

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @denisstravs ,

As the input data is not available, I cannot run your workflow, but it seems you use Union tool instead of Join tool.

Union tool cannot configure "group" to process, so you may want to use Join tool.

Here is a sample workflow to output table grouped by [CompanyID] in Table1 and Table2.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1684104388837.png

You should be able to apply group to your tables in the same manner. Good luck.

denisstravs
7 - Meteor

Hi Yoshiro, 

hmm, I cannot use Join by company ID as I do not have any company ID in the Excel 3 (I have company codes only in the Excel 2, for which I have filter that Alteryx create seperate Excel files for each company code ID). Now I would like to join these Excel files (seperated Excels from Excel 2) with Excel 1 and 3. Could you please help me with the workflow? Thank you so much!! 

Labels