Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

JSON Parse

synergy825
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am very new to Alteryx, and I was wondering how does the JSON Parse tool work.  Attached is the workbook with the JSON file, and I want to be able to pull its fields and values.  Also, is it possible to convert it into a CSV format?  I am not sure how to utilize this in a workflow.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @synergy825 

The JSON did not came, please attach it.

Garabujo7
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @synergy825 ,

Have you seen the one tool example for the JSON Parse Tool?

Garabujo7_0-1665693651557.png

Gabriel

synergy825
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0,

it wont let me attach the JSON file.  Do you know how I can do that?

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Inside your workflow do this and attach the resulted file:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1665694420144.png

synergy825
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Garabujo7,

I tried to run it but I got an error message.  I am probably doing it wrong or the JSON file is not compatible?

synergy825
8 - Asteroid

Here is the file @Felipe_Ribeir0 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @synergy825 

Here is one way of doing this, just output it as you wish:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1665695120568.png

If the provided answer helped you to solve the problem/was correct, please accept it as a solution :)

Thanks.

synergy825
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @Felipe_Ribeir0 !  This helps in my understanding of this tool.  Much appreciated!

synergy825
8 - Asteroid

HI @Felipe_Ribeir0 , I was reviewing the Alteryx flow again, and I had a question that perhaps you can answer:

synergy825_0-1666130885573.png

For the delimiter, can you please explain the "\0" used?  Also, for the code page, how do you know when to select Unicode UTF-8?  Thanks again for your help!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels