Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

JSON -- Error at Character 0

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hello --

I've read every post with this error, but nothing seems to hit the nail on the head. I am trying to download and parse the data from this site: https://d1za7xib05bz10.cloudfront.net/taxdata.json.

Downloading is no problem, but when I try to parse using the JSON Parse tool -- I get the below error:

ConvError: JSON Parse (3): Error message: Invalid value. at character position: 0

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Seth

smoskowitz_0-1616001612087.png

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @smoskowitz ,

I'm not sure what is really going on, maybe it is related to the encoding. I was able to interpret once by erasing and replacing the '{' and '}' so maybe that is something due to it.

Since I was not able to identify the real problem, I've created a workaround.

You need to run the workflow once to generate the file used in the dynamic input tool, then run once again and it should work.

fmvizcaino_0-1616004727749.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

This is great @fmvizcaino! Thank you for your help!

kathryn_l
5 - Atom

Can you kindly post the template file?   having the same problem but not sure how-to setup the data source template.  Thanks

Labels