Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative Macro - Updating Output Mode (Output Configuration)

c_leary
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Alteryx community, 

I am building an iterative macro which inputs multiple data types. I am hoping to have it so that the user can select the output mode of the macro in the configuration window. In the current iteration of this macro the user has to open the macro and update the output mode which is not as user friendly as I'd like. Does anyone know if there is a way to update the output mode? I'm thinking it may be possible by updating the XML with a formula and connecting a drop down. 

c_leary_0-1654026113979.png

c_leary_1-1654026304551.png

7 REPLIES 7
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @c_leary,

Just make three versions of the macro and use a tick boxes for which one the user wants to run:

IraWatt_0-1654026894344.png

c_leary
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @IraWatt, 

I have a similar configuration to this using detours. The problem is inside each of my macros I have four additional file input macros. I am hoping to have the user update the interface output mode to limit the amount of macros contained. 

I do like your config better than mine so if updating the XML to change the output mode is not possible I will for sure adjust my workflow to what you have. 

Thanks!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@c_leary Updating the XML is definitely possible:

IraWatt_0-1654027812904.png

You can then run another app after you've updated it. In a chained app setup

c_leary
6 - Meteoroid

@irawatt my issue is I'm unsure how to update the XML to change the output mode.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ow apologies @c_leary should have read the question better. you can output it as a flat file and it works fine:

IraWatt_0-1654029052989.png

c_leary
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks IraWatt!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @c_leary :) best of luck with the project !

Labels