Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterate a set of values Macro

Divyang21Arora
6 - Meteoroid

I have a use case where I want to calculate the count of different category values for each batch and if the count exceeds a certain limit the want to add one of the categories to the new column.

Divyang21Arora_0-1625040683802.png

As here for each batch record id: 1-6 if count (A) >=3 then A else C. 

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @Divyang21Arora 

I'm a little confused by your question, but here's a workflow that gets your desired output:

OllieClarke_0-1625042758141.png

I had to change one of the As in the second group to a C based on your Count(A)>=3 logic. 

However, I've a feeling this isn't exactly the process that you want. Could you give a bit more data and/or explanation?

Thanks,

Ollie

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @Divyang21Arora 

Not sure if i entirely understand your question, as you seem to use the word "batch" to describe group of consecutive 6 Record_ID rows, and yet there is another column called "Batch".

Also, there are 3 counts of A in each group... so i'm hazarding a guess of what the desired outcome is.

JustSimple.PNG

Dawn.

Divyang21Arora
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks, @OllieClarke & @DawnDuong, both of them help me achieve the solution I was actually looking for.  

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels