Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issues with resizing columns and tables

MWon
7 - Meteor

Hello all. I currently have a collection of records I am trying to render out. Each record has a vastly different amount of data in it. 

One set may just contain a couple columns, while another contains almost 50 columns. The issue comes in when I try to render them out. 

Here is what one of the records with a "normal" amount of data looks like. As one can see, it looks fine

MWon_0-1658788583534.png

Here is a set where there is much more data in the record. This one is just simply a mess. 

MWon_1-1658788650330.png

I recognize that changing the letter size in the render tool is a solution to making the larger sets more presentable, but this just messes up the smaller ones like this by stretching them out to compensate 

MWon_2-1658788929349.png

I've tried setting the table settings to have an automatic width/column, as well as testing out custom sizes, but they seem to have no effect. 

Given that this is the case, to review, how can I have the column width automatically adjust itself regardless of how big the data set is without messing it up? 

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@MWon Try to increase the paper size by selecting custom size and adjust the size in the render tool

binuacs_0-1658789277330.png

MWon
7 - Meteor

I have tried that and it fixes the larger sets, but stretches out and effectively ruins the smaller sets 

Labels