Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with count tool and basic table tool

MonaAlmutairi
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone,

I have an empty dataset outputting from the Join tool, but the count records tool + basic table tool (to display) give me the result of "no data available"

I need to have the dataset with column headers even if it is empty. and I need the count to be 0 if the dataset is empty.

thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @MonaAlmutairi 

The Count Records tool should return 0 if there are no records - Could you share your workflow/a screenshot of it?

EDIT: Just had a play about - if you set your workflow up like this, using the Union Tool to add in the Count field, that will bring through the headers even if the data is empty:

DavidSkaife_0-1673865749918.png

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @MonaAlmutairi 

One way of doing this, your input tool can be replaced with the any one of the node from the Join tool.

ShankerV_0-1673865660531.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @MonaAlmutairi 

Check whether you are looking like this where you also wanted to display the count as 0 and also remain the Field names in the output.

ShankerV_0-1673866103419.png

ShankerV_1-1673866121003.png

Note: The workflow used to achieve the solution is attached which can be downloaded to see how the solution works.

If you believe your problem has been resolved. Please mark helpful answers as a solution so that future users with the same problem can find them more easily!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

MonaAlmutairi
8 - Asteroid

@DavidSkaife, Thank you! your logic worked with me!

Labels