Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issue with Calculation on a line by line basis with inter-dependent data from other calcs

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am re-adding my original post again as I never got any feedback and I am still struggling with this issue and have been trying to figure it out for 2 days.  Any help would be highly appreciated!!

As an update, I was able to get the formulas to work, but only when I save off the data daily and bring back in the during the next day's run.  The issue here is that the calculations are now hard-coded and if I have a back dated transaction, I need the calculations to rerun.

AYX PROCESS AND EXCEL FILES ARE ATTACHED

Original Posting:

I am struggling with converting some Excel formulas to Alteryx.  I am creating a tracking file in which daily activity will be uploaded and then formulas need to be applied on a line item basis.  I need to create some pricing and running totals, but then there are additional calculations in which under certain conditions (sales) you use an average price/unit, which is a calculated field based on running totals. I tried t do a series of multi-row formulas and formulas, but I still am getting incorrect data as I have not figured out how to break down these dependencies in Excel into individual steps in Alteryx.

I have attached a file with my data set along with the formulas that I am trying to get into AYX.  The green highlighted columns are the data that will be uploaded into the process.  The yellow highlighted columns are the formulas that need to be applied, of which I am having issues with 4 of the formulas and have them labeled in the file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Screenshot.png

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@J-Riedel I think you need an iterative macro to do this use case.

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs Thank you for the suggestion.  I save the iterative macro as an idea, but have never used it so I was not sure if it would be the solution.  I will look into it.  As I have never used it, can you give me any suggestions on how to use it in this situation?  Thanks!

Labels