Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is there any best possible way to use Google Sheet as Input file using Input tool?

Sumit_Das
6 - Meteoroid

Actually the input file is in shared drive and someone else is the owner of it, hence I guess "Google Sheet input Tool" will not be helpful to import the data. Hence, I am trying to import the data using "Input Tool", but unable to extract it using the same? Can please someone help on this issue? TIA!

1 REPLY 1
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Sumit_Das, as long as you have drive access and the sheet isn't hidden/private, it should be fine. I recently used the Google Sheet Input Tool to run a workflow and the target sheet was hosted on our company google drive, originally created by a colleague. All you need to do is sign in > select the Spreadsheet > select the Sheet. If the issue is that it's private or can't be shared with you then there's no workaround to brute force access anyway and so other tools wouldn't help. Only other option would be to download and input it as a normal csv/xlsx with a regular input tool if you were only allowed to use a static copy/snapshot of it.

Labels