Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is there an output tool equivalent to File Browse?

calvincarr29
8 - Asteroid

My company utilizes a gallery for non-alteryx users. They simply go into the gallery and upload their data then they download the corresponding file that the workflow produces (primarily an excel file).  

They're able to upload their data due to the Interface Tool - File Browse incorporated into my workflow.

However, my workflow is different when it comes to the downloadable file (final product).

I need a specific template to be produced with the data in certain cell ranges. Unfortunately, I cannot share the template.

My overall question: Is there an equivalent Interface Tool - File Browse for output data? So I can upload to the gallery to tell my workflow to spit the data on this template in specific cells. 

calvincarr29_0-1671644452013.png

This is all that the non-alteryx users see. They don't see the workflow at all.  These four "questions" are the File Browse tools linked to my input tools in my workflow.

1 REPLY 1
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @calvincarr29 

You can hide the columns within the excel file and then overwrite that specific file and this should only overwrite the specific cells that are not hidden. 

You can also select Preserve Formatting on Overwrite (Range Required) option within the Output tool.

Hope this helps.

Labels