Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there an SDK C# QuickStart Guide?

Hiblet
10 - Fireball

Hi All,

I have just started working with Alteryx, and previous to this I have messed about a bit with C#.

I have been looking for some guide on how to add C# stuff to Alteryx with the SDK.

For example, if I have a field in a dataset, and I wanted to process that field in C#, how could I do that? I know Alteryx works on a record-by-record basis, so is there a way I can get C# code into the processing path and work with each record as it goes through a workflow?

I am sort of looking for the "Hello World!" examples of how to get started, some pointers to documentation or examples.

I have had a good google for information, and one James Dunkerly keeps surfacing as the end point of all knowledge (Bravo James!), but he is already way out there and I cannot find the simplest examples, the way in.

If anyone can provide helpful links, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Hiblet,

We have some samples available as standard. If you have installed the admin version of Alteryx in the default location they will be saved here: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\APIs

You will need to contact your local Alteryx Client Service Representative or send an email to
products@alteryx.com to obtain the password.

Thanks

Joe

Hiblet
10 - Fireball

Hi @JoeS,

I did not spot those samples, thanks for pointing them out!

Much obliged for your help,

Cheers,

Steve

Labels