Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there an Alteryx tool that can compare two spreadsheets?

hlee36
8 - Asteroid

Is there a tool that can do this?

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

@hlee36 in what way? This is a very general question. Normally you'd use the tools within Alteryx to build a process that does whatever comparison you need. A generic, out of the box solution that will 'compare spreadsheets' doesn't really exist as there's a million ways a user may want to run comparisons.

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

If you want the spreadsheets to be identical (field names, data types, order, record info) then using a crew test macro would work.

http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

Follow the install instructions and then navigate in alteryx to the Crew Test Macro Pane and Select the Expected Equal Tool.

Alternatively you could join two spreadsheets together and check if there are any unmatched records if matching data is the priority.

hlee36
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, this was what I was looking for. I'm sure I've seen some people using this one on their weekly challenge solutions. Couldn't think of the name. lol

Labels