Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is there a way to add/replace an image in an XML file

carxeco
5 - Atom

Hi guys,

So I am currently working on a workflow which modifies PowerPoint templates by changing the XML file. This is working great and pretty straightforward. However I also need to add the option to replace the image in the XML file with one selected by the user, I'm not sure how this can be achieved, if possible or what tools I can use in order to achieve this. Any input or ideas will be greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1
RobbieA
8 - Asteroid

Hi carxeco! I ran into the same problem a few weeks ago and couldn't find a solution. I believe it's because PowerPoint doesn't load images from a file location (which I was aiming to change in the XML), instead it creates it's own 'Image' from the one you upload which can't be changed. However, I hope someone proves me wrong as I'd also like to know the answer! 

Labels