Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is there a way to REorder fields in analytic app?

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I cannot seem to find a way to REORDER fields in an ANALYTIC APP using the Select tool.

Is there a way to allow a user to REORDER the columns?

9 REPLIES 9
Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@wonka1234 -

Can you provide a little more info?  Will they always  sort to a certain order? Are there always the same column names?  How do you decide the order, etc?

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@Watermark 

No , the order should be customizable.

Always different field names.

Order should be decided based on a userinput, ideally some drag, shift mechanism, similar to the select tool.

I have an app that concatenates fields using the list box check interface tool, however it concats as it comes. Meaning:

If I check any of the below, it will be appended in this order. 

Col1,x

Col2,x

Col3, x

But what if I want to append in this order

Col3, x

Col2, x

Col1 (not selected)

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

What is the logic a person uses to decide the order? And if it's included or not? 

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Do you have a small data sample you could post to help understand what you're attempting?

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@Watermark 

please see attached. Run as an analytic app, and see if you can order the fields used to concat.

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I come back to one of my earlier questions, is there a logic used to decide how the fields are sorted? Or is it strictly arbitrary to the person running the flow. 

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@Watermark  upto the person running the workflow.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

bump

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

With it being strictly dependent on what the person wants, I'm not sure you can accomplish what you're looking to do. 

Labels