Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is there a easy way to insert a tool (Autofield) before each and every single output data

Newstart2020
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

We upgraded to the designer 2020.4.5.12471 and from thn all our workflows are failiing with the II_PushRecord Error ..

While going throuhg the community we found the way to fix this is by adding autofield tool before it writes to the tables...

I tested the same and it works...But thn now i am left with updating a workflow which has around 80 outputs and all these need to have 80 autofield inserted...

Field size of 1073741823 is causing the II_PushRecord Error issue...in our instance there are multiple fields which has got this number against them...

Is there a quick way of adding a tool before output in Alteryx?? or anyother workaround?? As this is a production issue i am very much in a hurry for this 😞

Thanks

Newstart2020

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Newstart2020 

I don't know how the workflow is arranged, but if you select all of the preceding tools and right click>insert after>preparation>auto field, it will insert an autofield for all tools.

Luke_C_0-1617922872495.png

Luke_C_1-1617922883000.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Luke_C 
I did not know this.

Thanks.😁

Newstart2020
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

Its challenging to select the preceding tool as this is a very complex worklfow 😞

most of the time  it feeds to another container for different processing....

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Newstart2020 

Ah, I figured that might be the case. Unfortunately I'm not aware of another way, but maybe others are!

Labels