Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is there a easy way to insert a tool (Autofield) before each and every single output data

Newstart2020
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

We upgraded to the designer 2020.4.5.12471 and from thn all our workflows are failiing with the II_PushRecord Error ..

While going throuhg the community we found the way to fix this is by adding autofield tool before it writes to the tables...

I tested the same and it works...But thn now i am left with updating a workflow which has around 80 outputs and all these need to have 80 autofield inserted...

Field size of 1073741823 is causing the II_PushRecord Error issue...in our instance there are multiple fields which has got this number against them...

Is there a quick way of adding a tool before output in Alteryx?? or anyother workaround?? As this is a production issue i am very much in a hurry for this 😞

Thanks

Newstart2020

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Newstart2020 

I don't know how the workflow is arranged, but if you select all of the preceding tools and right click>insert after>preparation>auto field, it will insert an autofield for all tools.

Luke_C_0-1617922872495.png

Luke_C_1-1617922883000.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Luke_C 
I did not know this.

Thanks.😁

Newstart2020
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

Its challenging to select the preceding tool as this is a very complex worklfow 😞

most of the time  it feeds to another container for different processing....

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Newstart2020 

Ah, I figured that might be the case. Unfortunately I'm not aware of another way, but maybe others are!

Labels