Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is it possible to count number of entries after combining two different filters?

kimberlyka
7 - Meteor

Situation: I filtered for Property Type = 2 and Property Type = 3 and did a union (I will also have to filter for property Type = 5 & Property Type = 6 later on and do a union). The sum of the principal balance for both Property Type 2 & 3 inclusive work correctly but I cannot figure out how to get the total sum count. I've already tried utilizing the Count function as well as the formula to formulate [COUNT] but it keeps showing up as 1 when the total count should be ~10,000.

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

The count functionality of the summarize tool will return the number of records in the data set. I think that you may want to include a count in the summarize tools prior to the union so that you can count the records as part of the aggregation and then finally sum them together. By performing a count after the summarizations it is just showing you the number of rows of the already summarized data.

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@kimberlyka If you want to get a total sum of Type 2 and 3, you can use the summarize tool with just the 'sum' functionality. This will add up 2 & 3 regardless of the types you are bringing inside. The count function just counts how many datasets are there. 

Digan
Alteryx
Labels