Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is is possible to use alteryx to copy data in specific excel columns to another file?

F730460
5 - Atom

Hi so I have been using input data, select, and output data to automate the retrieval of data from some excel files on excel and pasting it into other excel files. This worked fine until the initial files may be different each month which means I would manually have to change the specific cell range on everything. Is there a way to tell apteryx to grab all cells in specific columns without specifying the exact cell range? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @F730460 

Maybe you can show some data for input and output.

F730460
5 - Atom

For example if you had excel files with a chart and you wanted to relocate that to another file. No manipulation. I just want to replicate if I were to CTRL+C one file and CTRL+P on another file. But the output data tool needs you to select an exact cell range that matches the input data range. I want to output or "copy paste" even if the input is larger or smaller without changing of my ranges. Thanks.

Labels