Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is desktop automation for designer being discontinued?

wlhale
7 - Meteor

I'm being told that alteryx designer with automation is legacy and is no longer being listed on the website as being offered. If this is the case and we are forced to move our small group of  3 designers and 1 automation to alteryx server, as is being suggested, then i'm concerned we will be priced out of using Alteryx. I'm just looking for confirmation that is is either being discontinued or i'm just not understanding correctly. Please don't force very small installs to move to server just to schedule some workflows.

17 REPLIES 17
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

While the option has been removed from our website marketing, at this time there are no plans to discontinue support for the existing Designer Desktop Automation capabilities. If any changes do become planned in the future as we continue to build out our enterprise solution offerings, we will be sure to communicate appropriately with notice to ensure customers have the opportunity for effective planning and options

ganilkumar
6 - Meteoroid

Is it true that the Desktop automation being discontinued? We are planning to get a new designer licence. 

ganilkumar
6 - Meteoroid

Any updates on this? Paying $75k/year for just scheduling work flows is way too expensive. Alteryx should seriously reconsider this.

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@ganilkumar  You are still able to purchase a Scheduler license for desktop automation.

BI_Analyst
5 - Atom

How much is the Scheduler license?

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You get a lot more than just scheduling a few workflows when you buy Server. You get automation of management tasks, plus versioning, plus the ability to get credentials out of workflows, ability to set permissioning properly for each workflow, connection or credential asset, etc.

So please don't think of Server as just a more expensive Desktop Automation. It may not make sense for your particular needs, but as you grow, keep evaluating that decision.

calloni
9 - Comet

Well.. it seems to be a bye bye Alteryx then. Scheduler was the way I was able to afford this solution. Getting a server is totally out of scope for us.

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

just heard from sales, that desktop automation supposely is beeing discontinued.

Is this correct? Is there any alternatives. We are a small company with 4 alteryx users. We are never gonna spend 75k on server :\

GGuenther
7 - Meteor

Hi Dan,

Can you provide an update to the comment on scheduler being discontinued as an offering beyond Small and Medium Businesses (SMB)?

Labels