Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

International Lon/Lat available via spatial package?

BosKev
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

See above, is this available anywhere or do we need to use api call? Country like Singapore. Problem with api call is my company's firewall blocks most of the requests or its very spotty sometime it works sometime it doesn't, also the 2,500 records per day limit with google(free) when need to query large sets of addresses. Thanks.

-Kev

5 REPLIES 5
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BosKev 

Alteryx directly offers spatial products for the US and Canada. However, there are Alteryx partners that build Alteryx spatial data installation for other countries. I have used international spatial packages from Experian in the past and that might be a good place to start. I don't know if Singapore is available as I couldn't find the product list I used to have. 

BosKev
8 - Asteroid

@CharlieS , Thanks...is the spatial package you mentioned something installed to work with Alteryx or stand alone?

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm referring to spatial data packages that are designed to work with Alteryx. That way you could use the Address and Spatial tool categories in Designer. These data packages will have a cost associated with them.

That being said, I wouldn't give up on API calls. Those are going to be invaluable for international applications where installed data products are not available or are cost prohibitive. I suggest keeping the dialog open with your IT professionals about the firewall issues you mentioned. 

BosKev
8 - Asteroid

Thank you.

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @BosKev 

You may want to look at APIs from maps. I've also seen success with here.com calls.

Cheers!

Esther

Labels