Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

International Drive-Time

dtokarz312
8 - Asteroid

Is it possible to calculate a drive-time from locations within the US to locations in Canada. For example,  Chicago to Toronto? I have TomTom and Atlas. I know I could use the Google Drive-Time API to solve this but was wondering if it is possible without pinging an API. 

Thanks in advance, 

Derek 

1 REPLY 1
TravisR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @dtokarz312

I'm assuming you have both the US and Canada spatial/data packages. It's not a supported function - but it's not technically impossible.

I'd encourage you to look at this workflow on the gallery: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Drive-Time-trade-areas-that-cross-the-US-Canadian-boarder/52c1abdc...

It's meant for handling drivetime trade areas that cross the border - but I believe it could be modified to return Point A to Point B drivetimes. Basically you'd be calculating American/Canadian city to border crossing point, then border crossing point to Canadian/American city, then adding those two drivetime figures together.

That said, using a 3rd party API is probably easier to accomplish this specific task.

Labels