Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interface Tools: filtering date from multiple files

skeen503979
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I'm working to develop a basic search tool for historical sales data.  My source data is housed in multiple monthly Excel files.  I would like users to select date ranges to query (using the Interface - Date tool), but I'm not sure how to accomplish that without the workflow first taking forever to Union multiple files together.

Is there a way to filter a date range and THEN begin compiling data from that date range?  How can I improve workflow speed? 

Suggestions?

Screenshot 1.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @skeen503979 

What about creating a Master data file - YXDB - that will have the monthly data consolidated? this way you can have a single input that has everything. Hope this helps. Cheers!

skeen503979
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, @christine_assaad I'll give that a shot.  I've never used that before, but am generating one now.  So you think that one .YXDB file should be easier to process in my workflow in order to select a date range?

Labels