Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive lessons - is it possible to finish them 100%?

Fran2
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone,

this is my first post and I ask the moderators to move this thread to appropriate place if it doesn't belong here.

With that out of the way, basically, title. Is it possible to finish interactive lessons? I am currently at the end of 3rd lesson of "getting started", inputting data into your workflow", on the left hand side under "menu" bare, there are subtitles and the last one is "Previewing data". After that the lesson doesn't take me any further, there is no quiz and if I just quit the lesson, the lesson is not recorded as complete. Similar thing is with the lesson after that, "manually entering data". Is there something I am missing. 

I have attached the print screen of the problem, please let me know if you need more info. 

regards, 

Fran

P.S. Sorry for the label, really not sure where to put this. 

4 REPLIES 4
ianwi
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Fran2,

Welcome and congratulations on your first Community post. It is definitely possible to complete the Interactive Lessons. There is a quiz on all of the lessons, but you will often be required to interact with the lesson to progress to the quiz. In the screenshot you provided, you'll need to click on the Run button (where the arrow is pointing) to progress. Often times the prompt to interact will be audio telling you what to do, so make sure you have the volume on too.

Hope this helps!

Fran2
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Ianwi,

thanks for responding, a few more questions if you don't mind? Is there a browser optimized for working with interactive lessons? For example, in chrome and edge some fields in the quiz in interactive-lessons/Getting-Started/inputting-data-in-your-workflow, quiz, question 2, configure the input data tool to limit the number of input rows to 10, "record limit" field becomes white and unclickable after modifying anything else in the question. 

Also, where is the "tree_data" used in the lesson available at? I would like to download it and my alteryx version doesn't seem to come with it, I looked in my "workflows" folder. I am using Version 2020.2.3.27789 in case this info means something to you. 

Thanks in advance!

ianwi
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Fran2,

We recommend Chrome for viewing the lessons. If you're experiencing trouble with the quiz, I might suggest clearing your browser's cache or using a different browser for that lesson.

As for the datasets, they are included in the Resources tab of the lesson (upper right corner)....

ianwi_0-1674653143381.png

And after finishing, I see progress 100% but I do not have any verified certification that I completed it ? In order to prove it some where ? 
can you please assist me ? 

Labels