Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Chart not printing on 2nd page of a report

Muralisagar
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to create a report with 2 pages, first page will have some text and a chart on the second page.

I have used 'Report Text' for text and 'Interactive chart' to create a chart & rendered to output PDF. I have selected vertical with section breaks, but its not showing chart on the second page. it is working if I swap pages & print chart on the first page. Is there any fix for this? please help

regards,

Murali

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Muralisagar 

Try this option

Qiu_0-1612152106099.png

Muralisagar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Qui, I have tried it but its not working. I tried layout orientation 'Vertical with section Breaks' but its not showing chart if its on the second page. it is working if I give just 'Vertical' its is printing charts but I want them on different pages. Separator options on the render tool are not changing any outlook of the report.

Any suggestions @Emil_Kos @CharlieS @gsantos 

Requirement: I need interactive chart to be pasted on second page of a report with section breaks, but chart is not being shown when I give below configuration. it is working if I move the chart as the first page of the report. not sure if its a known issue with older version of alteryx, I am using Alteryx 2019

Layout_vertical with sections.PNG

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Can you share the workflow with sample data (text input)? The settings for "section breaks" can be applied at multiple points for different purposes/outcomes. How this is designed depends on the other elements. 

Muralisagar
8 - Asteroid

HI Charlie, hope you're well. I need Text in the first page and chart in the second page from attached sample workflow

Output when Chart selected as a First page:

Output1.PNG

Output when Text is selected as First page:

Output2.PNGLayout.PNG

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah! Thanks for sharing.

First and foremost, there's no reason why that shouldn't work. I would send all this (workflow included) to support@alteryx.com so they're aware of this bug. That being said, there is a workaround. In the attached workflow, I created a layout for each page, unioned them and used the "Vertical with Section Breaks" setting in the Render tool or in subsequent Layout with records combined (both worked). 

So there's a way to make it work, but I agree that your original method should work. 

20210201-InteractiveChartPage2.JPG

Muralisagar
8 - Asteroid

Wow, that works.. thanks a lot for suggesting alternative apporach

thank you for highlighting the issue with the tech team

Regards,

Murali

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels