Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interactive Chart changes Monday date to Sunday

AgneKa
6 - Meteoroid

Hey! 

My data set feeds both table and chart. 

Table shows date as expected but interactive chart does -1 day thing! 

Is there some kind of an algorithm that recognises that these are week start dates and converts them to US format (Sunday as a start)? 
How can I prevent this from happening and just have dates showing as they are in my data set please? I need Monday :)

6 REPLIES 6
DataNath
17 - Castor

@AgneKa, if you go into your Interactive Chart settings and navigate to axes before scrolling down a bit, what is your 'Display Range' set to? It could be the case that your bars are placed right, but your axis is starting from that -1 day and so looks like things are off. If so you can change it to a custom range and set it to the desired start day.

DataNath_0-1661249558136.png

AgneKa
6 - Meteoroid

thank you.

I don't think that switching to custom range would be a good idea because this workflow needs to go to the server, run every Monday and show last 14 weeks. 

So range will be different every week

DataNath
17 - Castor

@AgneKa are you able to provide any more info? Would be great if you could upload your workflow or even just more screenshots that give a better understanding of your data and what's going on. Put something together myself and I'm struggling to replicate the issue on my end.

AgneKa
6 - Meteoroid

workflow attached:) 

my result: 

AgneKa_0-1661256762530.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

Thanks @AgneKa - I've had a play around myself with various spacing and day intervals etc and can't seem to get them to line up either. Going to keep an eye here for a solution if one is available because I'd be curious to see how this is done as well!

In the meantime, it may not be ideal but you could do something like this whereby you just hide the axis and label the bars instead as they'll be given their exact values:

DataNath_0-1661259472310.png

AgneKa
6 - Meteoroid

I'm partially happy it's not me being silly! 

Date in the column looks like a nice idea, thanks

Labels