Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Chart Bug - Expcetion when clicking "Configure Chart"

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

The workflow is too complicated to explain it here, but it is attached.

Long story short: I get the error message below when I try to click the "Configure Chart" button in the Interactive Chart.

Error_message.png

Alteryx Version: 2019.4.4.20206

I shortend the data_input.yxdb file to 5000 records, because it was to big to upload it. If needed I can make the full data available via OneDrive (~ 128 MB).

Additional info: I use the workflow to explore tools, that's why some data processes end randomily or seem pointless.

5 REPLIES 5
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @grossal 

Have you tried to run your workflow on other machines with a different alteryx version?

Does it give the same error?

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

The workflow runs perfectly fine, the bug appears in the designer window when I try to click 'Configure Chart' Button.

I might be able to check another alteryx version tomorrow.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @grossal ,

I understand what you mean. What I want to achieve with this is to see if it affects your version and also previous ones.

Regards

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I am not sure why, but it deletes the workflow file when I try to upload it. Should I upload it to an external source and publish a link or what is the best way to make the workflow available?

I already removed all Beta-tools from the workflow, but I am still not able to upload the workflow here.

I was able to verify the bug in Version 2019.4.6.21113.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I have created a new post with a minimal show case and send it to the Alteryx Support team. I will close this post and send you all to the new post.

New post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Interactive-Chart-Action-Tool-Bug-Unha...

Labels