Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Inserting macro on analytic app, only text box shows on interface but dropdown doesn't

Boontida
7 - Meteor

Dear all,

I have one macro which is inserted on my analytic app as attached.  I would like to run the analytic app and the interface will consist of the text box for use to add the word for search the data and the drop down for use to select the field  which they want to search from their word. For example, user select the field "Name" and then add the word into the text box for search in field "Name".

However, now the interface shows only the text box but does not show the drop down for selecting the field.

Could you please help me to suggest the way to fix this problem.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,

Boontida_3-1658786746191.png

Boontida_4-1658787251302.png

Boontida_2-1658786676264.png

2 REPLIES 2
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Boontida, you need all your interface tools to be on the analytic app. Anything in the macro won't show on the app UI. You need to move your process of selecting the field to filter on to the app.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Boontida 
I also dont know to how to use the Interface tool inside a macro.

I best I can do is as below. 😁

0726-Boontida-1.PNG0726-Boontida-2.PNG

Labels