Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Input ".del" files in server workflow

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi all,

I am getting errors running a workflow on my server. My workflow works fine for .xlsx files. Is there a way to alter this to accept other formats such as csv and .del?

wonka1234_0-1646236850116.png

wonka1234_1-1646236919829.png

Can anyone help on this?

7 REPLIES 7
jrsheppard
7 - Meteor

Configure your input tool for the correct format - use an input template to do this.  Then, use a "File browse" tool with the action tool to update the values.  This works much better than a text box. See attached.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@jrsheppard  seems like I cant open due to version difference. I am running on 2021.2

jrsheppard
7 - Meteor

Is there a menu option to disregard?  If not, try right clicking on the workflow file, and opening the file with a text editor (like Notepad).

You will see the XML format (i believe) and it should show something like below:

AlteryxDocument yxmdVer="2021.3"

Replace the "2021.3" with "2021.2" and save over. You should be able to open the file with Alteryx after doing that.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

not working, the character show up in weird characters.

wonka1234_0-1646252687638.png

jrsheppard
7 - Meteor

I see - I think it was because I zipped it into a .yxzp.  I have uploaded the workflow by itself in 2021.2.  You will need to reconfigure the Input tool with the .csv you are using.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

is .del same as a .csv? or work the same?

jrsheppard
7 - Meteor

The solution should work.  The only difference is configuring the file format on the input options.  You can select ASCII flat file and choose the appropriate delimiter for a .del file (assuming the file is similar to this format: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/db2/11.5?topic=formats-delimited-ascii-del-file-format)

Labels